Scarecrow Cabin

Scarecrow Cabin

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Vintage Treasure

Hello my Blogger friends!

Thought I might share my newest
treasure with all of you.


I wondered around the Estate sale
looking for
my usual favorites
(old quilts, vintage fabric, etc.).

Suddenly my attention was draw
toward this wood spice cabinet.
The price tag, $2.
My head started searching for ideas
of how/what can this be used for?
Surely, it would not be used for what
it was intented(spices)!



Oh look, some vintage hankies...I'll take 'em.
Wait, what's that I see?
Why it's an old wooden bobbin...I take that too!

Well, 20 minutes later, here I am,
standing in front of this spice cabinet.
I couldn't resist it's primitive charm.



I've got an idea!
The shelves on the inside could hold
spools of thread or craft paint.
Oh, the possibilities.
But 2 whole dollars. Do I dare?

I'll need to sand and paint it.
What color paint should I use?
Do I really need to start another project?



When I returned home with my
newly found treasures,
I noticed a makers mark and date
on the inside of the door.
Copyright 1970. Three Mountaineers Inc. 


Time to do a little research.

Turns out, these cabinets can be
somewhat valuble (over $100).
Maybe I'll just leave it in
the original condition for a while.

Have a Treasureful day!

~Kelly~





6 comments:

  1. Greetings, my name southernprim on etsy, but my real name is Paula Hardin and I write besides crafting.. write what you might ask.. paranormal fantasy. I'm learning to blog which is not a strong quality I possess...give me facebook anytime.. laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find Kelly, love it! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds, Kelly! Looks like you might get to reap the rewards of your investment 50x's over!!
    }}Hugs{{
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Kelly!!
    Love it all!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds Kelly! I am glad you did a little research before the sanding and painting!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...don't you just love a good estate sale!! Congrats on all the great finds.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete